The Department of the History of Art is thrilled to announce the below achievements from April 2021 and extends congratulations to all:
- Meghaa Ballakrishnen, a current PhD student, has a review of Saloni Mathur’s A Fragile Inheritance: Radical Stakes in Contemporary Indian Art out with caareviews.
- Bianca Hand, a current PhD student, has been awarded a History of Art and Visual Culture Fellowship at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She will be the Henry S. Blackwood Fellow in the Ancient Near Eastern Art Department working under Dr. Kim Benzel.
- Prof. Aaron Hyman had an essay on European prints in the collection of the Museo Colonial in Bogotá.
- Aaron M. Hyman. “Reproducciones únicas: la estampa en Nueva Granada durante la Colonia.” In Catálogo Museo Colonial. Volumen V: bienes gráficos y documentales. Bogotá: Museo Colonial, 2021. pp. 73–89.
- Prof. Jennifer Stager’s exhibition, “The Archaeology of Disability” has opened at the Venice Biennale. Please view the press release.