The Visual Resources Collection (VRC) provides images and teaching support for faculty and students in the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences. Faculty, students, and staff have access to Artstor, a digital image database of more than 2 million images and to the VRC’s local digital image collection available through Artstor, a growing collection with over 160,000 digital images. This resource reflects the teaching and research interests of many Hopkins faculty, departments, and programs throughout the arts and sciences.
- Train users to navigate Artstor, the VRC’s local digital image collection, and others, with the goal of helping them find high-quality images. Download the VRC’s Artstor at JHU Quickstart Guide.
- Create images on demand, via copy photography and scanning, as well as purchase images for teaching. Download the Digital Image Request Form.
- Provide in-class presentations on finding and using images for student papers and projects
- Assist instructors with developing digital imaging projects, employing best practices for organizing and storing images, and using image editing software
- Assist faculty who want to convert personal slide and print collections to digital format
Curator, Visual Resources Collection
Lael J. Ensor-Bennett
Assistant Curator, Visual Resources Collection