Visual Resources Collection
The Visual Resources Collection (VRC) provides images and teaching support for faculty and students in the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences. Faculty, students, and staff have access to Artstor, a digital image database of more than 2 million images and to the VRC’s local digital image collection available through Artstor, a growing collection with over 160,000 digital images. This resource reflects the teaching and research interests of many Hopkins faculty, departments, and programs throughout the arts and sciences.
- Train users to navigate Artstor, the VRC’s local digital image collection, and others, with the goal of helping them find high-quality images. Download the VRC’s Artstor at JHU Quickstart Guide
- Create images on demand, via copy photography and scanning, as well as purchase images for teaching. Download the Digital Image Request Form.
- Provide in-class presentations on finding and using images for student papers and projects
- Assist instructors with developing digital imaging projects, employing best practices for organizing and storing images, and using image editing software
- Assist faculty who want to convert personal slide and print collections to digital format
Curator, Visual Resources Collection
Lael J. Ensor
Assistant Curator, Visual Resources Collection